We have endeavoured to take all precautions necessary under the EU General Data Protection Regulations in order to protect the data which we process.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://see4less.co.uk. ‘We’ are See4Less, a company at 1738 Paisley Road West, 2/1 Cardonald, Glasgow G52 3TP.
Visitors to our websites
1. When someone visits www.see4less.co.uk we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google Analytics to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
By using our website and providing your personal data to us, you agree to our transfer, storage and processing of that data. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely. Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
We use the following social media platforms; Facebook for the See4less. When you contact us through these platforms, including via private message, you should be aware that these platforms may collect your data. Please refer the individual service providers’ Privacy Policies (linked) for more information.
Website security and performance
We use a third-party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to our website.
People who call us
When you call our company we do not automatically record caller identification details.
People who email us
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law.
Any information you provide to us, including in any footer or attachments, in an email may be used in conjunction with any of our stated business purposes. If you do not intend this to happen, you must make clear to us your expectations.
We do not encrypt emails as a matter of policy.
People who make a complaint to us
We take any complaints we receive very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. When we receive a complaint we make up a report containing the details of the complaint, which we sometimes term a ‘non-conformance’. This normally contains the identity of the complainant and any other individuals involved in the complaint. We will only use the personal information we collect to process the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide.
We will keep personal information related to complaints for 2 years.
You have fundamental rights over the data you share with us. These are explained in detail in the Information Commissioners Website, and we are committed to making it as simple as possible for you to exercise them.
- You may exercise your right to access, erasure or rectification by contacting us to make the request. We encourage you to complete and return a Subject Access Request form, but you may choose to make the request in another format.
- You have the right to request copies of your data, which we will provide in a suitable format.
- You have the right not to be subject to an automated decision which may have a significant impact on you.
- You have the right to object to our processing your data, and if you are unsatisfied with our response complain to the ICO.
Our purpose for collecting data
We have to hold the details of the people who contact us in relation to our products and services in order to provide them. However, we only use these details to provide the service the person has requested and for closely-related purposes. Any personal data relating to you will be used and recorded by us in accordance with current data protection legislation and this privacy statement.
For example, we might use information about people who have purchased our products / services to carry out a survey to find out if they are happy with the level of service they received.
If we intend to do anything else with your data we will inform you at the point of consent.
The lawful basis upon which we will collect and store your data is:
- Explicit Consent – You have agreed that your personal data will be processed. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time
- Contractual necessity – Your personal data will be processed because it is necessary in order to enter into or perform a contract with you
To protect your data we have put in place security precautions which include but are not limited to:
- Physical and administrative security measures at our offices
- Firewalls and continuously updated anti-virus programmes
- Encrypted storage
Our company data is stored in the following location:
On mysql database server managed by Kmwsoftech and it will be stored until the site remains live.
For the purposes of GDPR, we are resident in the United Kingdom, and regulated by the Information Commissioner’s Office. We do not carry out any data processing outside of the EEA; if that changes, we will inform you.
We do not share data with third parties, other than those whose services we use for social media, payroll, etc. Where we transfer any data to a third party we have put in place all necessary controls to ensure the protection of privacy.
Purpose of sharing data with a third party
Your data, including the records of any transaction you make with us, will be stored in accordance with our retention policy, and depending upon the nature of the record. For example, financial records will be retained for 6 years as this is common practice.
If you have any questions about us or how we handle your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org