Terms & Conditions of Supply & Website Use
The website terms and conditions should be read before proceeding to use this site www.see4less.co.uk . You will agree to comply with these terms and conditions otherwise we request you to abstain from using our website.
You shall be entering into a legally binding contract as soon as you place an order for one of our optical prescription glasses and sunglasses from www.see4less.co.uk. You will be bound therefore by the terms and conditions stated. If you do not comply we will therefore request you abstain from ordering products from www.see4less.co.uk.
The Terms and Conditions outline the whole agreement of all services and goods provideed between both you the consumer and us the seller.
www.see4less.co.uk is a website owned by us See4less as well as operated by See4less as assigned in the terms and conditions stated here.
See4less will be bound contractually by the Terms and conditions of the webite in regards to the supply of optical prescription glasses and sunglasses through its website; by email; by phone and face to face.
Use of Website and Communication
You are permitted to view and download our website www.see4less.co.uk (including sub-pages within the same internet domain) for your personal use only and only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. We may change, suspend or terminate our website at any time without liability or notice. We may also restrict your access to sections of or to our entire website without liability or notice.
* The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
* Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
* Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
* This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
* All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
* Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
* From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
* Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
When you visit our website or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on our website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
When you provide us with your contact details, you consent to receiving communications from us using that contact information (e.g. if you have provided us with your telephone number, you consent to us communicating with you via the telephone).
Personally identifiable information will not be shared without your consent.
When you place an order for optical prescription glasses and sunglasses with us, you consent to receiving ongoing communications from us that, in our professional judgment, we believe are required / would enhance your ability to use your optical prescription glasses and sunglasses compliantly, effectively and safely.
All content included on the website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of the trading See4less, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software. Data complications, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appear on or forms part of this website, including any such content uploaded by users. By continuing to use the website you acknowledge that such content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be consumed as granting by, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission.
Your Responsibilities and Website Registration
By corresponding with us and/or by registering your details on our website you confirm to us that you
- Are 16 years of age or older.
- Are able legally to enter into a binding contract
- Have completed our registration procedure.
- Have had a optical prescription prescribed by a qualified Optometrist or Dispensing Optician.
- Have ensured that the details you provided during the registration process on our website are complete and accurate and that any prescription details entered by you upon registration, or at any other time, match those issued to you by a qualified Optometrist or Dispensing Optician.
- Agree to inform us immediately of any changes to the details you have provided to us during the registration process by updating your account through our website, via telephone or via e-mail. Failure appropriately to update your details will be a breach of the contract between you and us, and we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage you suffer as a result of your failure to provide us with correct and up-to-date information.
- That the prescription relied upon by you in seeking and optical prescription glasses and sunglasses from us has not expired or is not more than 24 months old.
- Consent to us contacting your prescribing Optometrist or Dispensing Optician for the purposes of verifying your prescription details or obtaining a duplicate copy of your prescription. In the event that we are unable to verify your prescription to our satisfaction, you agree that we will not be bound to process your order and supply you with any optical prescription glasses and sunglasses until such time that you have obtained a valid and up-to-date prescription from a qualified Optometrist or Dispensing Optician
- It is your responsibility to check that the optical prescription glasses and sunglasses you have ordered comply with the correct prescription. We accept no liability for injury or damage to eyes due to an incorrect order placed by you.
- Undertake that any order placed by you is in respect of your own needs and requirements and that you are not ordering any optical prescription glasses and sunglasses for another person who does not have a valid and up-to-date prescription for optical prescription glasses and sunglasses.
Your Order and Our Acceptance – Contract Formation
- Your order does not by itself complete a contract between you and us. Instead, in placing an order through our website you make an offer to us. A binding contract will only be formed between you and us once we have accepted your offer. We are not obliged to accept any offer that you make, we may refuse to accept an offer for any reason whatsoever (including but not limited to inability to take payment from you), and we will have no liability in respect of refusing or otherwise failing to accept any offer from you. No term of these Terms and Conditions may be construed as creating an obligation on us to accept any offer from you.
- After you place an order with us and make appropriate payment, you will receive an e-mail confirming your order. This Order Confirmation e-mail will confirm the optical prescription glasses and sunglasses that you have ordered from us. The Order Confirmation e-mail will also include details of delivery (e.g. delivery address and delivery estimate). Please note that when you receive this Order Confirmation e-mail, we are accepting your offer and a contract is formed between you and us at this stage. At this point only will a legally binding contract be concluded between you and us.
- Each separate supply of optical prescription glasses and sunglasses to you shall constitute a separate contract between you and us subject to these terms. The fact that we may have previously accepted an order placed by you is not an indication that we will continue to accept orders in the future and we have no obligation to accept such future orders.
Prices and Payment
- The prices you will pay for any optical prescription glasses and sunglasses ordered through our website are listed on our website at the time you place your order, except in cases of error.
- The prices shown on our website do not include postage costs. The postage costs for your order will be shown to you at the time you make that order.
- We supply optical prescription glasses and sunglasses ordered from us via our website. Please note that we do not provide Optical Dispensing Services in relation to any products other than optical prescription glasses and sunglasses. As a result, no Optical Dispensing Service Charge is made on products that are not prescription optical appliances (e.g. eye-drops, or contact lens cleaning solutions) by us.
- We may change the advertised prices of services and goods displayed on our website at any time without liability or notice. Such price changes will not affect orders which have already been confirmed (that is, orders in respect of which a binding contract has been formed). If the price changes after an order has been submitted, but before that order is accepted and dispatched, you may be charged the new price (i.e. the price after the change was made).
- Optical Dispensing Services and opticalappliances advertised on our website, despite best efforts, may be incorrectly priced. As no contract is concluded between us and you until we have accepted your order, we are under no obligation to supply to you at an incorrect price. If we have advertised an incorrect price and you have placed an order based on that price, we may, at our absolute discretion, either contact you to notify you of the error and to ask whether you wish to continue with your order on the basis of the correct price, or reject your order and notify you that we are rejecting it.
- You may be responsible for the payment and processing of any applicable import duties associated with orders made through our website. We will not be liable for any breaches of laws and regulations of the countries to which products are delivered.
- Payment for services and goods purchased from our website must be made through one of our chosen payment services providers, a list of which is to be found here:
- In order to make a payment through one of these providers, you will need a credit, debit card or a PayPal account. From time to time, we may change the providers through whom we will accept payments. If we do so, we will update the list of providers accordingly.
- Delivery will be made to the “Delivery Address” specified when you placed your order. The Delivery Address is displayed on the “Confirm Order Details” page of our website. It is your responsibility to check and confirm that the Delivery Address is correct. Once confirmed you will receive an Order Confirmation e-mail from us. If the Delivery Address is not correct you assume responsibility for the error and we cannot be liable for any loss or damage caused by that incorrect Delivery Address.
- If no one is available to accept delivery, orders that have been sent via Royal Mail delivery services will be sent to your local Royal Mail sorting office. You must contact your local sorting office before calling us to check if your order has been delivered there. If you do not respond within a reasonable time-frame, the order will be returned to See4less.
- We will endeavour to dispatch any products forming part of your order within the time frames laid out on our product pages and “Delivery & Postage” information page of our website. After five days have lapsed if your order has not arrived you must first check your local Royal Mail sorting office before calling us for a replacement order.
- We cannot guarantee that the products contained in your order will be in stock at all times and this may cause a delay in delivery. However, we will endeavour to deliver any products forming part of your order within a reasonable time.
- Delivery of orders sent by Royal Mail will be subject to a five day grace period during which no replacement orders will be sent out.
- We do not accept responsibility for delays or failures resulting from circumstances beyond our control, including, but not limited to, mechanical breakdowns, traffic delays and the weather.
Risk and Passing of Ownership to Customer
- The full ownership of any products that you order will pass to you on delivery of the products subject to us having received the full payment for those products.
- The products will be held at your risk from the time of delivery.
Cancelling your Order
- Purchases from the See4less website are subject to a period within which you have the right to cancel your contract with us and return any products that you have purchased, irrespective of whether those products are in any way defective or not in conformity with your order. The period runs for 7 working days from the day after the date of delivery of the products to you (where a working day is any day which is not a Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday)
- In order to exercise your right to cancel under the clause above, you must return the products unopened and unmarked in their original packaging to us at 1738 Paisley Road West, 2/1, Glasgow G52 3TP.You will be liable to pay the postage and packaging costs of returning the goods.
- You may return a product to us at 1738 Paisley Road West, 2/1, Glasgow G52 3TP so long as it is in its original packaging, unopened and unmarked. We will examine the returned products and notify you via email or telephone whether they are in an acceptable condition for a refund to be granted. We will then process a refund of the costs of the products, but not the costs of postage and packaging for the delivery. The return of a product is at your own risk.
- In addition, if a product supplied by us is in any way faulty or does not conform to your order, you may return it to us at the address given above, including a note specifying the fault or difference from your order and whether you would prefer a replacement or a refund. We will examine the returned products, and if we are satisfied that they are in fact faulty or not in conformity with your order, we will provide, according to your choice, either (i) a replacement product, for which we will not charge additional postage and packaging; or (ii) a refund in accordance with clause 10 of the costs of the products and postage and packaging.
- If you are returning faulty lenses these must be returned for analysis in a lens case with some lens solution in order to receive a replacement or a refund in the event that they are in fact faulty.
- Refund of monies will occur by the same method that was used to make the initial payment to us (e.g. via the same credit or debit card you used to purchase the services and goods from us).
- We aim to process any refunds as soon as possible after either an order is refused or products are returned to us. We will make any appropriate refunds within 28 days of refusal of an offer or acceptance by us that a refund is due in respect of returned goods.
- We will have no liability to pay interest on any amounts refunded
- Postage cost for returns of faulty products or incorrect products sent to you will be limited to our standard UK shipping. We reserve the right not to refund postage costs of returns that are due to your error.
When using our website, you accept that some communication with us will be electronic. It is your responsibility to read the information we send you. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- Our liability in connection with the purchase of any optical prescription glasses and sunglasses from us is strictly limited to the purchase price of those optical prescription glasses and sunglasses. Although we take all reasonable steps to protect our systems and software against computer viruses, bugs, Trojan horses and/or other defects, we assume no liability and shall not be responsible for viruses or any other disabling features that affect your computer as a result of using our website, nor for any delays or failures you may experience in connection with, nor any modification, suspension or termination of our website.
- We shall only be liable for losses you suffer in connection with a breach of these Terms and Conditions which could be foreseen at the time when an order was placed. Foreseen is defined as where they could have been contemplated by both you and us acting reasonably.
If any term or provision of these Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or enforceable provision eliminated.
The Seller shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the Seller shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations. If the delay persists for such time as the Seller considers unreasonable, it may without liability on its part, terminate the contract or any part of it.
Jurisdiction and Law
The use of this website by you and any dispute arising from the use of the website www.see4less.co.uk is in accordance to the laws of Scotland, Wales and England.
A right to amend these Terms and Conditions
See4less Terms and Conditions can be amended at any given time which is our right without prior notice or liability.